Web Experience Toolkit (WET) includes ready-made tools and solutions for building and maintaining innovative Web sites that are accessible, usable, and interoperable. These tools and solutions are open source software and free for use by departments and external Web communities.
The toolkit complies with CLF 2.0 standards, and the proposed new Standard on Web Accessibility; the toolkit will also ease compliance with upcoming Web Standards, including Web Usability and Web Interoperability. WET is highly recommended for use on Government of Canada Websites.
WET is comprised of a core framework, themes, and modular features. Furthermore, WET conforms to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) AA and leverages both HTML5 and the Accessible Rich Internet Applications (WAI-ARIA) to further enhance accessibility. WET is available in HTML5 and XHTML 1.0 Strict versions.
What you’ll find in the toolkit?
- Provides ready-made Web tools and solutions for building and maintaining innovative Web sites.
- Respects accessibility (WCAG 2.0 AA and WAI-ARIA), usability, and interoperability.
- Reduces costs by consolidating Web tools and solutions.
- Open source software that is free to use by departments and external Web communities.
- Uses advanced technologies to push the envelope for Web site functionality:
- Supports a wide range of layouts and designs for internal and external Web sites (including applications).
- Web Experience Toolkit (WET) on IRCan
- WET v2.2 released – 53 features included (16 new and 37 updated)
- Download WET features (Terms and Conditions of Use)
- Working examples
- WET documentation
- WET Fact Sheet